Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Road Trip to CA Days 1 and 2

Day 1 brought me my only tolls thus far. The PA turnpike is pretty boring, but thanks to an auxiliary input install for the stereo that dad, Andy, and I did, I had plenty of music to listen to. Once I got to Eaton, Bill and I chatted about our iPads for a while and then Bill ran his trains for me (amazing!!!). Right now I only have iPhone photos available.



Nancy and Bill took me out to a great place for dinner that night and breakfast the following day. I could even get my coffee refill in a to-go cup! That place was delicious and so inexpensive (sorry Bill, McD's is good too).



That coffee started a much needed caffeine requirement for the next 3,700 miles. Bill also showed me around the office before seeing me off.

Day two ended with me staying in Des Moines, IA. Don't worry, I found a way to entertain myself and get a lot of odd looks. It seemed like they all thought I was a food critic with my iPhone and iPad out typing away. This tasty sampler helped too...



And so ended Day 2. Me, Great Expectations on the iPad, and a few local brews (and no, those aren't full sized glasses!). Next up? Day 3: driving to Omaha, NE to pick up Mike at the airport, get supplies, and head to the Badlands...

No comments:

Post a Comment